The Trustee Board
Working along with the Pastor, the Board of Trustees of Macedonia Baptist Church (“The Trustee Board”) is responsible for managing the fiscal affairs of the Church, subject to the regulation by the laws of the State of New York. The Trustee Board is comprised of 12 members. The Trustee Board appoints an executive officer and includes an executive committee consisting of the chairperson, two co-treasurers and financial secretary.
The Trustee Board is responsible for:
- Ensuring the Church will be able to meet its financial goals and objectives in fulfilling the spiritual needs of the congregation and the greater community which it serves.
- The control and protection of all monetary assets deemed the property of Macedonia. Consequently, the Trustee Board must be consulted before any contract or agreement is entered into that will affect the Church’s financial position. The Trustee Board in turn is expected to act responsibly by consulting with the Pastor on significant financial matters.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial statements showing details of all the income and expenditures for the Church. These statements should be accompanied by an analysis of all significant factors influencing the Church’s financial position.
- Overseeing any special committees in terms of any committee transactions involving the receipt and disbursements of funds.
- The care and custody of the property of the Church, including opening and closing the Church for all regularly scheduled services and special events.
- Interviewing, employing, terminating, upgrading or modifying the job description(s) of part-time or stipend personnel in consultation with the Pastor, as required.
The Trustee Board has no power to buy, sell, mortgage, lease or transfer real estate property without specific authority by vote of the congregation.
Trustee Board Officers and Members - 2015
|Desmond Gordon, Chair
Tanya Lemon, Co-Treasurer
Angela Gordon, Financial Secretary
|Laverne Gibson, Co-Treasurer
Sharon Bowles, Recording Secretary
For more information or questions regarding the Macedonia Trustee Board, feel free to send a message using the Contact Macedonia form.