The Ushers’ Ministry
The work of the church ushers is undergirded by scripture found in Psalms 84:10 – "For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.”
Ushers are often the first voice and the first interaction visitors experience at a church. They are responsible for bringing comfort, compassion and the spirit of God’s blessings to all who enter the church doors. Their overall mission is to be of service to the church family when needed in order to further the Lord’s message of loving one another even as God has loved us. Ushers fulfill their mission by:
- Greeting people as they enter the service;
- Ensuring that worship services are orderly by determining when people enter the sanctuary, directing people to seats, providing guidance for worshippers during the offertory period, and minimizing people walking about during service;
- Assisting worshippers, as needed, to be comfortable and to have the necessary tools during service, e.g. hymnals, church bulletins/programs, tissues, fans, offering envelopes, or, at times, water;
- Answering questions; and,
- Representing the Macedonia Baptist Church when assisting the ushers at other local church services/programs and at association and convention functions.
When: The third Saturday of the month at 10:00 a.m.
Location: Macedonia Baptist Church, 26 Wilson Ave., Albany, New York 12205
If you have questions regarding the Ushers’ Ministry, use the Contact Macedonia form to reach Sister Ruth Verbal.
The ushers of Macedonia invite you to visit at any time. The doors of our church stand open and you are always welcome.